We believe in ethical practices rooted in Salish traditions. Our dedication to high standards is reflected in our commitments to safety, procedural excellence, and consideration of the environment in all our work.
All aspects of large-scale Industrial, Commercial and Residential Landscaping. With our partnerships, we also provide services in civil works.
- Pipe Work Including High-Pressure Water Mains, Welded Steel Water Mains, Large Diameter Storm and Sanitary Mains, Corrugated Steel Mains, HDPE Welded Force Mains
- Shallow Utilities (hydro, telus, shaw)
- Box Culverts
- Streetlight Ducting
- All Aspects of Road Construction
- Multi-Use Project Earthworks Including Large and Small Scale Habitats, Sports Fields, Parks, Walkways/Pathways
- Pre-Construction Site Preparation Including Stripping, Excavation, Grading, Preloading, and Disposal
- Contaminated Site Remediation and Farmland Reclamation
- Wetlands and Diking Construction and Maintenance
- Land Filling Design, Construction and Management
- Box Culverts
Salish Environmental Group (SEG) was founded in 2018 by proud Musqueam First Nation Members Peter Felix and Drew Charles to undertake landscaping and habitat remediation works. Since inception, our scope of services has grown beyond landscaping and invasive species control to include the construction, remediation, and maintenance of both aquatic and terrestrial residential, commercial, industrial, and transportation projects.
Peter and Drew have a combined 12 years of specialized experience in environmental contracting. Our mission is to provide clients with outstanding service while contributing to our community, specifically to provide opportunities for members of the Musqueam community.
Our scope of services and relationships enables us to not only successfully complete a great range of projects that we would independently, but also to create opportunities for other Indigenous people, communities, Indigenous-owned businesses, women and youth.
$5,000.00 – $50,000,000.00
Coast Salish Territory
Musqueam have identified S.E.G. as a qualified Musqueam Business.
As a Musqueam Business, one of our primary goals is to provide training and career development opportunities for members of the Musqueam Nation. We currently employ 12 Community Members full-time and employ Member of other local Nations seasonally. Our active participation in the Musqueam community as well as our existing relationships throughout the lower mainland ensure we have access to additional resources as necessary.
Training and Safety
S.E.G. is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy working environment. Management is committed to work in a spirit of consultation and cooperation with all workplace parties to ensure the health and safety of all employees, subcontractors, and members of the public. It is our policy to provide the highest standard of service without compromising the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the general public.
S.E.G. provides ongoing task and safety training to all staff as required for the projects we undertake. Training records are maintained by both S.E.G. and our joint venture partner.
Experience and Projects
- Aquatic Habitat Restoration Projects
- Musqueam Indian Band (multiples projects)
- BC South Fraser Perimeter Road
- Lelem at University of BC
- Shalimar – Musqueam Corporation
- Port Metro Vancouver (multiple projects)
- Metro Vancouver Parks (multiple projects)
- Joint Venture with Matcon Civil Constructors for Wesgroup (multiple projects)